Monday, 10 October 2011
Chelsea Salon Series 2011-12
AIM: The Chelsea Salon Series is conceived as an initiative offering students the opportunity to meet outside the college premises in a variety of spaces to exchange ideas and forge productive relationships with galleries , arts institutions and the locality. Chelsea College of Art is well placed to take advantage of the proximity of not-for–profit spaces who are eager to make these relationships. This forum is intended as an opportunity for students to get feedback in their practice and to experiment with ideas arising from their research thereby gaining confidence. It is also supporting student led teaching projects as well as alumni projects. It is specifically intended to be hugely enjoyable and based on student interaction.
The Chelsea Salon Series is structured in such a way that allows for both PRACTICE and RESEARCH to be pursued alongside the curriculum in relaxed surroundings outside the academic institution with fellow MA Fine Art students and other invited artists ,alumni, curators and arts professionals. Although centered around Chelsea specifically it is intended to be inclusive and open . and that this remit could help pave the way for support from educational charities.
Practice: Studio and Project Spaces outside of college
1. 4 planned event for the year: Nov, Feb - Mar, Mar-April, Aug (final show prep)
remaining opportunities based on student proposals
2. students who require specific off college spaces, or who are unable to access project space on college, are welcome to submit proposals. These proposals will be used to find available spaces.
3. health and safety will be assessed and authorized for all spaces used.
4. spaces to be confirmed of which include previous hosts.
Chisenhale Gallery http://www.chisenhale.org.uk/
New Gallery London www.newgallerylondon.co.uk
the Woodmill http://www.woodmill.org/
Flat Time House www.flattimeho.org.uk
1. Reading Seminars
2 . Gallery / Studio Visits
3. Talks / lectures / Symposiums / film screenings
4. Workshops: writing, access to alumni, etc..
An important relationship needs to be established with Research Based MA’s
Alumni: Studio and Project Spaces
Alumni projects at Chelsea College & tutorials / feedback / social interaction with current MA student
tutorial opps w. student led projects
social interaction with former Alumni
leading gallery visits
25th – 29th July
It’s Been One of Those Days, All Week
Posted by Joshua Y'Barbo at 13:31