We need the Install Team to be present as well as any participants who would like to have a look at the space and voice their opinions. (*anyone wishing to visit the site over the weekend of April 13-15th, please send an email and we’ll try to arrange).
- Van & Equipment Hire: We can not provide any money for van hire or equipment. We can suggest places to contact in the case that the Colleges don't have the equipment needed but can not get involved with either hire due to costs and insurance.
- Placement of Works: The placement of works will be decided by the install team with as much consideration for participants requests as possible. Certain works will need to be installed by the artist. In these situations, this needs to be approved by Laura or myself. Laura Carew, Kate Ross, Robert Cliff (editing the post salon publication) and myself will work with the install team to make sure everyone's work is given the most consideration in installation and presentation. We do not have a concrete plan and would urge 2-D artists to visit the space Thurs, 19th to voice their opinions and concerns. This is a very specific space with little wall space. I would like to emphasise the role of the install team and ourselves in placing the works. Some of the ideas discussed are listed below;
- using the existing architecture as a positive element and working with the original architecture
- using furniture available to us in the space such as round tables and chair
- using the round tables to discuss topics / discourse of interest
- paintings can be leant against front row benched on the upper gallery level, using the decorative balcony grid as a ‘window’ onto the work as well as hanging from the arches on the first floor
- use the large floor space as wall space by showing the works on the floor so they'd be viewed from the 2nd floor balcony with partitions to prevent people from walking on the paintings...
- aisles between bench seating could be used to show work
Carla Wright - Chelsea
Tracey Payne - Camberwell